I have been tagged for the first time by Jewel and have to tell you all 8 random fact/habits. This is a hard feat as here you can see I posted 100 and then another 80 random facts about me...so let's see if I can come up with another 8 and I'll make them all twin related.
1) You all should know by now that I have a twin sister who lives in Australia. When we were little we looked very much a like even though we are not identical. We were so alike that many people could not tell us apart. We used to wear the same clothes but in order to identify us I always had pink hair ribbons and gold earrings where as she had blue hair ribbons and silver earrings. Our gran even made up tracksuit pants and mine had a big L on one leg and hers had a big M (her name is Melanie.)
2) When we were little I had this complex about being the younger twin as I wanted to be the older twin (not that 3 minutes makes such a difference.) I vandalised my baby diary and everywhere that was written TWIN 2 I scribbled it out to say TWIN 1. I even ruined my baby bracelet that we had to wear in the hospital as it said twin 2. My twin used to kindly let me lie and say I was the 1st born twin a lot of the time however and this used to make me happy.
3) We shared a bedroom until we were 16 years old and when we were naughty we were sent to our room and then mum could hear us playing as obviously it is not punishment when you get sent to the room together. When she realised this one of us would have to go to a different room.
4) My twin is more of an early morning person then I. When we were younger she would go to bed and I would not be tired so used to annoy her by dancing near her bed while she tried to sleep. In the morning when she woke up she used to annoy me by opening the blind when I was still asleep.
5) My twin is also less lazy then I am and when we used to fight she would only clean half of our bedroom. She would vaccumm half the floor and dust half the chest of drawers and not let me on her side of the room.
6) Now that we are older we do not look so similar, however some people for some reason still can not tell us apart. When we lived in London we used to work together and people used to come up to me and start talking about random things that I had no idea about, only to realise a few minutes into the conversation they thought I was my twin.
7) In London we worked in different departments - she was the staff trainer and I worked in the events department. One day she was not able to teach some new staff and the manager asked me to do it. I was so angry and tried to point out that I was the least qualified person in the whole of the company to teach, and just because we looked alike did not mean that we could do the same work. My arguments fell upon deaf ears and I had to take over her job for that day even though I had no idea what I was doing.
8) It has been almost 2 years since I saw my twin and hopefully she and her husband will come and visit the bel ragazzo and I next year.