Monday, 10 September 2007

Change of address - where? Not sure yet

I will know very soon (so my supervisor tells me) where I shall be working for the first half of winter and then the next summer as I may be saying ci vediamo to the beautiful Taormina and Sicily for a while. Our summer season ends here either mid or end of October but that still feels like being so far away. The months of July and August were relatively quiet for us. Taormina and all Italian sea side towns may have been over run by Italian holiday makers, but the English stayed put in their the flood ravaged UK. Now that the Italians have gone, the English, Germans, Swedish, Americans and even Australians have come to overtake this pretty little town. (I am not that used to hearing Australian accents much and it is so strange that they seem quite common this month in Taormina. Does my accent really sound like that?!)
You name it, as long as they are not Italians they are here in Taormina and the summer is far from over for us.


We have a busy 4, 6, 8...??? weeks left before we move. I have asked to work back in Rome for the first half of winter. (And if I do not get Rome then I have asked for Venice then Florence.) Fingers crossed it will be the eternal city as Rome is one of my favourite cities, especially during the Christmas period.

Chi lo sa?... I will keep you posted.

2 comments:

Farfallina said...

So you're "maybe" moving to Rome? YEY! :) Well, sounds like you'll be arriving to Rome a bit before I do! Wow...

Leanne said...

I'll find out on the 25th September what fate awaits me. Hope it will be Rome. As you know it is a fantastic place to live!