Friday 7 November 2008

Random Rome

I had a call from work today asking me if I wanted to go to Fuerteventura, which is one of the Canary Islands where bel ragazzo is going to work for the second half of winter. I turned them down. Why you ask? Does Leanne not want to be with the bel ragazzo? The answer is yes, Leanne does want to be with the bel ragazzo so she had to turn them down. They wanted to know if I was free to go immediately for the first half of winter! I think not...I have work waiting for me in Malito, contadina Leanne cannot wait to go down south. So now I am still waiting, having re clarified the issues that I want work for the 2nd half of winter. We will just have to wait and see.

In the mean time we have been enjoying our last week in Rome with Nikita. She is fantastic, and we are slowly learning how to use her. (FYI Nikita is our new professional camera.)

If you see the water fountains in Rome don't be afraid to refill your water bottles. The water is clean and some of the best water that you'll find in Italy. Bel ragazzo and I often go to the fountain down the road from our apartment to fill up our water bottles...yes some people stare at us like we are homeless but the water really is that good, why pay for it from the supermarket?







2 comments:

Rosa said...

My son just came back from a school trip to Fuerteventura. He said it was the best week of his life. They tried all sorts of sports. But the hotel had a bad problem with cockroaches!

Leanne was in Italy now in Australia said...

Hi Scintilla,
I'll have to tell the bel ragazzo about the cockroaches since he'll be doing health and safety checks at the hotels in Fueteventura! Glad your son liked it...I have heard it is the best place to go for water sports in particular.