Tuesday 17 February 2009

Snow covered Malito

Came across these pictures on facebook.

One of the churches in Malito on a nice, sunny day:



And what it looks like at the moment covered in snow:



Doesn't it look beautiful? Growing up in Australia I am still very excited when I see snow...and I have not yet seen snow like above in Malito. We saw a little bit up in the mountains above Malito in December, but I've never seen snow in the town itself.

And it looks like I will not be seeing the snow for some time. When I leave Australia I am heading over to the Canary Islands to visit my bel ragazzo who is still working in Fuerteventura. Not sure how I am going to be able to start work again after having so much time off!

2 comments:

deb at nonna's house said...

That's impressive! Cosenza looks like it's dealing with the same kind of chaos that hits Vancouver when it snows:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqVBYj4e3TE&feature=related

Leanne was in Italy now in Australia said...

Hi Deb,
I have never been to Vancouver and hear it is freezing in the winter time so I am in no rush to go at that time of the year!