Thursday 27 March 2008

Try to beat my bargin!

I love to search for holiday bargains and the other day I found a great bargain indeed! It is bel ragazzo's birthday in June and we love to travel so I was looking on Ryan Air to see if I could book us some cheap tickets. Now when I say cheap I mean cheap. I am the type of girl who likes to find the 1 euro cent ticket. Yes you heard correct. 1 cent tickets!

Two years ago we flew from Rome to London for one night as we found return tickets for 30 euro each. (Some people may think I am strange, but I think why the hell not go to London for a night if it is 30 euro for a return ticket. When I lived in London with my friends years back we all flew to Dublin...for lunch! We came back that same day.) A few days ago I topped my old bargain and booked us 2 tickets to Barcelona! for 27 euros each: return, taxes all included, no catch, nothing...this price even includes the fee for using my credit card online.

The only problem was that I wanted this trip to be a surprise, but I am so very bad at keeping surprises that I give the surprise away without realising (well subconsciously I must be telling myself to give away the surprise.)

The other night after deciding to book the flights I was sitting on the couch and my new colleague/housemate was across from me, so I told him that I wanted to surprise bel ragazzo with a trip to Barcelona for his birthday....I then felt a kiss on my cheek as I realised bel ragazzo was sitting besides me! See....I really am bad at keeping a surprise a secret.



6 comments:

LULU said...

WELL DONE LEANNE.. our men deserve to be spoilt..we know how to surprise them... I do the same with Lord Byron..never take things 4 granted..isn't it?....always spice up the relationship ..that keeps the flame alive.. un bacione lu

Leanne was in Italy now in Australia said...

Ciao Lulu,
Yes - never take things for granted it correct! Who knows what surprise we are planning next!

Piccola said...

I wish we had a discount airline likr that here in the States! Lucky you!

Leanne was in Italy now in Australia said...

I know Piccola! We are lucky here. Australia is the same as the states with nothing cheap like Ryan Air (well not THAT cheap)

joe@italyville.com said...

Ryan air is great isn't it? I'm heading to Barcelona in a few months.... might have to look for a flight to Roma for lunch:)

Leanne was in Italy now in Australia said...

Hi Joe,
Yes you should do lunch in Rome! Only because you can :)