Monday 17 August 2009

I'm back...and with photos!

We have lift off! Sorry...we have photos I mean!

So..you all know that I have been a very, very bad blogger of late but want to know why?

It all began a while ago when finally bel ragazzo's brother decided to wed.



Thankfully we are not so far from Calabria here. 3-5 hours depending when we go, and which car we go with...and let me tell you we have been going back and forth quite a lot always for 1 or 2 night whirl wind visits.



The most recent visit was last week as finally, after 19 years of being with his girlfriend, bel ragazzo's brother tied the knot in big, grand, Italian fashion!




There were 270 guests, fire carrying waiters, dancing, singing, food, followed by more food, followed by some more.

Not only have bel ragazzo and I been numerous times to Calabria, we have also been to Puglia (more on that to come now that I have photos!)



and Cilento:



and Positano:



Amalfi:




Ravello:



Capri:



The Abbey of Monte Cassino:



and more places...

So now that I have hacked into the neighbours internet...there will be lots more to come!

10 comments:

Chad said...

Leanne,

I love your blog! It's so interesting. If I could pay my bills traveling the world and writing about it, I surely would!! I am so envious you get to live in Italy!! If you ever get a chance check out my European budget trave/backpacking blog I started called "Minding the Gap" at http://mindthegaptravel.blogspot.com
I figure since I can't travel right now I can at least write about and share my experiences in Europe with others!

-Chad

Chad said...

By the way, I love the pic from Capri! I was there last year. Such a beautiful place! Tried to make it in the grotto, but the tide came up to quickly.. :-(

Melanie said...

Where are photos of the bride??
Melanie

Laura said...

Welcome back! Love the photos... and I can't wait to hear your stories and see more beautiful photos!

Leanne was in Italy now in Australia said...

Hi Chad,
Thanks for the nice comments! I will pop by and see your blog! Thanks

Hi Melanie,
There are no photos of the bride since the above photos were taken with our camera and then we left it at home before going to the church then reception. There are millions of professional photos of the bride which i will show you in about 11 weeks.

Hi Laura,
Thanks! I am glad to be back, now I can catch up on all the blogs I have been unable to read!

Fiona said...

Hi Leanne,
just wanted to say hi... I am a fellow Australian who now lives in the netherlands and also blogs about life here and stuff in general. I love to read your blog as I am also an Italian/Australian so I can totally relate to your stories! You also inspired me to start blogging, so for that, thank you :-)

Ciao for now and if you'd like to see how life up north is for an Australian girl, go to

http://web.me.com/fiona.rossimel/Life_in_colour/Home/Home.html

Fiona

Leanne was in Italy now in Australia said...

Hi Fiona,
So nice to hear from you and I am glad I got you into blogging!

Leanne was in Italy now in Australia said...

Hi Fiona,
I cannot follow your link to your blog. Maybe it's not correct or maybe I need to type something else?

Fiona said...

Hi Leanne. I just checked and it seems ok. Can you right click and open it? Damned annoying when this happens!
Anyway, to be sure, here it is again

http://web.me.com/fiona.rossimel/Life_in_colour/Home/Home.html

Hope you can get in!

ciao
Fiona

Anonymous said...

Tuscany is a majestic, enchanting place. Where else can you drink wine relaxing in the vineyard it was grown, sleep in historic villas, and learn to cook from master chefs. Take a look at some of my photos at http://www.tuscanway.com/tuscany/photos/. Enjoy!