Sunday 3 January 2010

The underground town

I hope you all had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! It has once again been a while since my last post as the bel ragazzo and I only just came back from a weeks holiday by the beachside. So much has happened since I last wrote!! Let's just say the year ended very well...more then well - it was the best ending I've had to any year thus far. More information about that to come.... plus also I shall be telling you where in the world the bel ragazzo and I are going very soon as we only have 11 more days left in Australia!

Here are some catch up photos of what we have been doing since I last wrote. We left off in the Australian outback, and we are still in the Australian outback as we stay over night in the opal mining town of Coober Pedy.





A fantastic place, unlike anything else I have ever seen. The majority of the population live underground since it gets so hot in the summer time. We slept in an underground bunkhouse which was so exciting!








We had a tour of an underground house (not a real house, but an example of what a real house looks like.) The temperature is always the same inside these houses, so regardless of the time of year, you only need to sleep with a sheet on. Now is that cost cutting on bills or what!







We had a tour through the opal mines and even tried our hands at digging!











No comments: