I'm still here, and baby isn't with me just yet. He will be very soon though, so I've been busy finishing up work projects, having ultrasounds, visits, trying to sort out changing my British drivers licence for an Italian one, blood tests - you get the gist.
Baby is technically due the 30th of January, but since I am classified as 'high risk' due to my diabetes, the doctor wants me to give birth early. If the diabetes doctor had her way, I would have given birth last week...but she was just paranoid as everyone is when you mention some sort of medical condition out of the norm. I have to start going to the hospital to have babies heart monitored twice a week, and then have a chat with my gynecologist on Thursday to see what she says. According to her baby may come of his own accord early since the neck of my uterus is soft and his head down, waiting to go, so we'll just have to wait and see. If he doesn't come of his own accord, then she is not happy for me to wait until 40 weeks so we will have a bit of negotiating to do!
My parents are flying into Calabria on the 25th of January, what we thought was plenty of time before baby came, but now I'm not sure if they'll either be greeted by baby at the airport, greeted by a relative then taken to hospital to find baby and I, or greeted by a pregnant me with baby safely tucked away in my tummy. Only time will tell.