Friday 28 May 2010

Update from Italy

Sour Faced Doris is now all but a distant memory. I have finished my project at the public school and am now free of 23 overly energetic and disobedient children. On our last day we had a play and the parents were all invited. The students, with a little help from me had written the play in English, and even though none of the parents understood a word that was said - it was a hit...well by a hit I mean no one made any mistakes (not that anyone would have noticed!)

With a lot of free time upon me, I have taken up a new hobby - that of making paper. I am still working at my other job, but it's almost school holidays so a lot of children obviously don't want to go to any type of school - let alone English school!

Now, back to my paper making. I have not yet taken any photos so I will not go into too much details now, but I will. The urge to make paper was created from the fact that I want to do as much for my wedding as possible. I have already made a mock bonbonniere (which is lovely if I do say so! I must take a photo of it.) I already have all of my bonbonniere stock: cream tulle, light gold organza, mocha organza ribbon, light gold organza ribbon, and cream/mocha wooden roses. I only lack the sugar almonds, but those will come once I return from Scotland.

Did I mention that I am going to Scotland? For work. For 4 weeks or so. So much to do, but thankfully so much time!

But back to the paper, my hand made paper. I love making hand made paper! It is not so hard, it is relaxing and enjoyable and I need to make lots as I have decided to hand make all of my wedding invitations! And possibly I'll hand make the church booklets, and the......

7 comments:

LindyLouMac said...

Leannne I like the sound of your chosen colour scheme.
Certainly looking forward to reading about your paper making on your return from Scotland.

TEFL Ninja said...

You have your first viewer lining up if you vlog the paper making, I'd love to see somebody do it rather than get myself all tangled up in written instructions ( :

Anonymous said...

Busy times ahead for you Leanne. I am looking forward to seeing more posts about the paper making.

Gil said...

Do you start with trees? Ha-Ha!!! Looking forward to learning about your paper making.

Jone said...

While you're in Scotland you must go here, dunglassestate.com and tell them I sent you. Buy the way I think papermaking is great I've always wanted to try it.

Leanne was in Italy now in Australia said...

Hi LindyLou,
I really must take photos of the paper as I am sure everyone wants to give it a go!

Hi Sarah in deepest, darkest Lomellina,
I really do need to dedicate a few posts to my paper making as it's lovely.

Hi Cathy,
There are certainly busy times ahead, but I love being busy!

Hi Gil,
HA!

Hi Jone,
I'll check out that place if I can when I am in Scotland. thanks!

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Hi Leanne... I am wondering what work you are going to be doing in Scotland.. Lets hope its not Tourists or Children ..:-)